The River

Monday, November 29, 2004

Resisting the 4th Reich

Do you remember the good old days, like say, a year ago, when you were scolded for throwing out the term “fascist” in relation to the Bush Administration?

Have you noticed that since the fraudulent election that it has become obvious? It’s as if suddenly everyone can drop all pretense; the game is afoot.

I found a new site today, the aptly named Resisting the 4th Reich, which pointed me to Michel Chossudovsky’s article “Is the Annexation of Canada part of Bush's Military Agenda?”

Is there a better example of how far things have gone? Or should I say, how far they are likely to go? People, I do not want to go there. I have a good imagination, health, a family, and I do not want to spend my time concentrating on this horrible trend. World War III? Fuck that.

Nor do I want to bury my head in the red Georgia clay, but you get the idea. A new way is needed. So I find myself at a loss for words. It’s time to pull back. Reassess.

Posting should remain sporadic here throughout the holidays. I’ll be traveling for business and taking some time off to spend at home with the family.

I guess there always has been an ebb and flow here at The River. I’m ebbing now. I can’t say what’s gonna happen, blogwise, after the new year. All I know is, things have changed.

Comments: Post a Comment