The River

Friday, April 16, 2004

The critics often miss

For example, Northfork, a genuine artwork, is dropped in their lap, and they complain -- boring, incomprehensible, precocious. Those are the words used by some of the movie's critics causing the 57% freshness rating at rottentomatoes.com. But Larry Carroll of FilmStew.com used the word "masterpiece" in the snippet on the movie site, so I clicked on it. I liked his reveiw. He concluded:

Northfork is one of the very finest films to be released this year [2003]. You’ll find yourself eager for an opportunity to watch it all again to unlock a few more of the mysteries that lie within. After you lay your eyes upon it, you'll have a very hard time describing Northfork to friends. But some things just have to be seen to be believed, whether they are angels, miracles, monsters, or a monumental achievement in film.


Thanks to my buddy Bert for bringing this over a few weeks ago. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have seen the film (didn't know it existed), or many other fine films. Maybe I can do the same for my blog buddies here.

Comments: Post a Comment