The River

Thursday, March 11, 2004

You better think -- think! think! -- think about what you're trying to do to me

A while ago, I commented on someone’s blog, ‘”they want us backwards, fundamentalist and controlled.”

They who? Here’s an article that lays it out, the who, how and why of Movement Conservatism -- a free market ideology that is only free for a handful of extremely wealthy, interconnected elites: The GOP, Inc. - Selling Public Policy as a Commodity, by Richard W. Behan, ProgressiveTrail.org [UPDATE: Link works now]

And here’s one from Kurt Nimmo with some more news on creeping conservatism’s “New Serfdom”:

"Corporate America has spent billions lobbying for deregulation of its activities and for privatization of everything from the health system to education to national parks and forests to Social Security -- a situation that would lead to ownership and control by the corporate sector and a tiny handful of the super rich of virtually every aspect of society," writes Bill Willers. "With country and culture in the hands of a very few, democracy perishes. The great American Experiment would end not through internal weakness, but via carefully crafted 'neoconservative' strategy from without, to be replaced by something resembling, more than anything else, medieval feudalism, only set in a high tech world. According to the plan now in place, 'we the people' are to be the new serfs."


(ed.’s note. Why do I seem driven to keep posting this stuff? I don’t know, love of freedom I guess. It’s innate. But jeez, I’m really overdue for a camping trip.)

(ed.’s note note: Maybe a hiatus from blogging too. Like a racehorse grown weary, I need a break from the track for freshening.)

Think
Aretha Franklin and Ted White

You better think - think
Think about what you're trying to do to me
Yeah, think - think, think
Let your mind go, let yourself be free

Let's go back, let's go back
Let's go way on back when
I didn't even know you
You couldn't've been too much more than 10 just a child
I ain't no psychiatrist
I ain't no doctor with degree
It don't take too much high IQ
To see what you're doing to me

{Refrain}

{Bridge}

Oh freedom - freedom, freedom - freedom
Freedom, yeah freedom
Freedom - freedom, freedom - freedom
Freedom, whoah freedom

There ain't nothing you could ask
I could answer you but I won't I won't
I was gonna change, but I'm not
If you keep doing things I don't

{Refrain}

People walking around everyday
Playing games and takin' scores
Tryin to make other people lose their minds
Well be careful you don't lose yours

{Refrain}

You need me - need me
And I need you - don't you know
Without each other
There ain't nothing neither can do

{Bridge}

There ain't nothing you could ask
I could answer you but I won't - I won't
I was gonna change, but I won't
If you keep doing things I don't

{Refrain}

You need me - need me
And I need you - don't you know
Without each other
There ain't nothing neither can do

Think about it for me, think about it for me(4X)
You had better stop and think about it, think
Think

Comments: Post a Comment