The River

Thursday, October 02, 2003

Fanatical Apathy:


Transcript of Call to Bob Novak, 7/13/03
[phone rings.]

NOVAK: Bob Novak.

CALLER: Hello, Mr. Novak. I have some information you might find interestable.

NOVAK: Who is this?

CALLER: My name is not important. You can just call me, uh, "Lovelace." Heh heh. I'm calling from inside the White House. From a round room.

NOVAK: What can I do for you, Mr. Lovelace?

CALLER: No, it's what I can do for you, Mr. Novak. It's a story about Joseph Wilson, yellowcake, deception... and murder.

NOVAK: Murder?

CALLER: Well, not murder.

NOVAK: Look, what do you want?

CALLER: I'll ask the questions here, Mr. Novak.

NOVAK: Okay.

[Pause.]

CALLER: Er, okay - you can ask a question.

NOVAK: What are you trying to say?

CALLER: I wonder if you'd take Joseph Wilson's story so seriously if you knew that the work he did for the CIA was tainted.

NOVAK: Tainted?

CALLER: His wife, Mr. Novak. What would you say if I told you that his wife, Valerie Plame, was a CIA operative?

NOVAK: Okay. But how does that relate to Ambassador Wilson's findings?

CALLER: Exactly.

NOVAK: What?

[more]

via MWO Watch Watch Watch Watch

Comments: Post a Comment